COLD WEATHER SAFETY
It's that time of year, when the chill starts setting in. People may be pulling out space heaters. Here are some safety tips.
• Never plug a space heater into a power strip. They aren't designed to handle the high current, and can melt and start a fire.
• Never leave a space heater unattended; turn it off when you leave a room.
• Keep space heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn, especially bedding, clothes and drapery.
• Keep space heaters out of high traffic areas and doorways.
• Always place space heaters on level, flat surfaces.